Cohabitation breakdown

When partners no longer want to live together, there are frequently difficult and important matters to sort out about children and about financial issues. These are dealt with by the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 and by Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. The law treats cohabiting partners very differently from married partners and legal advice should be taken if you are separating from a cohabitee. Jacky Lewis can provide this advice and help you to negotiate an agreement. If agreement is not possible, then Jacky Lewis can help you through the court process.